About The Role
Coordinate and support day-to-day administrative and tactical issues within an assigned department.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, were one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all-hands-on-deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate
Coordinators at BT are customer orientated focused, both internal and external. They seek information about situations to help identify needs and can contribute in prioritizing services. They can think on their feet in rapidly changing environments, actively participate in teams, and are results-oriented.
What the Role entails:
- Lead the day-to-day administration operations of assigned department
- Assist with planning and activities that support department functions
- Refer clients/partners to appropriate resources
- Maintain staff files and training records
- Infuse inclusion and equity in all aspects of position
- High degree of EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Responsible for financial transactions involving purchase of supplies, expense reports etc.
- Coordinate and manage the collection of data/reports/files
- Demonstrate cultural awareness
- Can assist with budget preparation and /or input
- Produce reports, documents, etc.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and/or shifting priorities
- Advanced technology knowledge and/or aptitude
- May be assigned to other programming implementation projects
- H. S. diplomas plus other coursework
- Experience leading or supervising a plus
- Experience in a non-profit
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- High comfort level with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must consent to a thorough background check
- Proficiency in current IT-based technology
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
Big Thought is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.