Corporate Giving Manager
The Corporate Giving Manager raises financial support by planning, designing, and directing corporate fundraising and outreach. In addition, generate creative solutions for corporate engagement in Big Thought’s mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Manage a portfolio of corporate supporters and prospects
· Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and engagement
· Build the pipeline of corporate support
· Develop strategy and timeline for corporate relationship development, solicitation, and implementation coordinating with the Executive Leadership Team.
· Collaborate with the Vice President of Development to develop sponsorship packages for Big Thought’s programs and events
· Ensure that sponsorships are fulfilled appropriately and that all sponsors and corporate partners are appropriately recognized and stewarded
· Identify new creative opportunities to add value for partners and deepen corporate engagement, including employee engagement.
· Coordinate with the Communications team to develop collateral and support corporate partnerships through marketing recognition
· Engage with existing volunteers and provide feedback and additional guidance as needed
· Infuse inclusion and equity both internally and externally
· Exercise a high level of EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
· Conduct meetings and prepare materials and proposals
· Be accountable to personal goals, strategies, and metrics, participating in ongoing and regular assessment of progress toward goals
· Bachelor’s degree a plus
· Minimum 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with at least three years focused on corporate giving
· Excellent organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must
· Intermediate skillset in MS Office and other business platforms
· Working knowledge of donor CRMS
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT (NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS FOR EVERYONE TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
Big Thought is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Corporate Giving Manager for Big Thought. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled fundraising professionals.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, a minimum of five professional references, and salary requirements to [email protected] No phone calls please. Only those candidates receiving interviews will be contacted.