Development Operations Specialist
The Development Operations Specialist is responsible for the operational and administrative support related to fundraising efforts and goals of the Development team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1) Serve as Development department lead for Salesforce
2) Perform gift entry and tracking, data maintenance; includes revenue reporting, forecasting and portfolio management
3) Manage campaigns, mail merges and donor acknowledgements
4) Create, audit and update process documentation, recommend process improvements as appropriate
5) Manage tools for prospect research and wealth screening
6) Manage tools for donation gift processing
7) High degree of emotional intelligence (EQ)
8) Knowledge of cultural competencies
9) Advanced relationship management skills
10) Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Development
11) May assist with annual budget preparation
12) Act as point of contact for Development department
13) Assist with scheduling/coordination of meetings/preparation
14) Assist with contract management, registration processing, vendor invoicing, etc.
15) Project Management proficiency
1) 2-4 years experience in operations
2) Non-profit experience is a plus
3) Above-average technology skills
3) Strong ability to multi-task
Note: Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc.
Big Thought is based on a team environment and an openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to Big Thought policies and procedures.
All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS FOR EVERYONE TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT –REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
To perform the duties of the role successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion.