Client Services Manager
About The Role
Manage day-to-day administration of Client Services (internal and external) for BTI’s Consulting Services; including but not limited to new business development, client relationship cultivation and overall project management of division’s client portfolio.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design, and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all hands-on deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate
This candidate has keen analytical skills and is a creative thinker to conceptualize new ideas to address client business problems. Tact and diplomacy are exercised when dealing with difficult situations. Listening and communication skills must be exceptional as well as the ability to work under pressure and advance a project to fruition.
What the Role entails:
- Strategize and implement new business development practices
- Develop and prepare client proposals
- Support external and internal project deliverables
- Develop and manage timeline of project milestones and deliverables
- Infuse inclusion and equity both internally and externally
- Review and update internal processes and procedures
- Serve as a facilitator/presenter
- Support ongoing BTI brand development
- Demonstrate and apply advanced level relationship management skills
- Demonstrate and apply advanced level project management abilities
- Demonstrate and apply a high degree of EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Manage client accounts, including contracting, invoicing & billing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Certification a plus
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations and formal/informal education environments
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.