About The Role
Support the Communications function in its support of the Big Thought’s internal and external branding and updates
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design, and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all hands-on deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate is an expert in developing and nurturing relationships with both internal and external clients. They ask the right questions and listen well. A superior grasp of the spoken and written word and the ability to translate ideas and concepts into understandable language for the masses is their superpower.
What the Role entails:
- Develop and write compelling content
- Develop and disseminate stories in support of BT mission
- Creative approach to social media in keeping with BT brand
- Consistently demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Develop press/news releases
- Track trends/results of communication plans
- Work closely with graphic design to elevate content
- Assist/consult with internal partners in developing of communication strategies
- Above average customer service skills
- Infuse inclusion and Equity in work products
- Approves and disburses expenditures as appropriate
- Imbed inclusion and equity initiatives within the Finance Department
- Develop Customer Service centered processes & procedures
- High degree of EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications a plus
- 2-3 years directly related experience
- Experience in a non-profit experience
- Outstanding communication skills (written/oral)
- Advanced level technical skill
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.