Corporate Giving and Volunteer Manager
The Corporate Giving and Volunteer Manager will raise financial support by planning, designing and directing Big Thought’s corporate giving and volunteer programs, supporting the coordination and execution of special events and assisting with other projects as needed.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out of school time systems, summer learning and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design and technical assistance.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage a portfolio of corporate supporters and prospects
- Build the pipeline of corporate support by identifying, researching, and engaging local, regional, and national businesses and organizations
- Develop strategy and timeline for corporate relationship development, solicitation, and implementation, coordinating with the Executive Leadership Team and key volunteers as needed
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Development to develop sponsorship packages for Big Thought’s programs and events
- Ensure that sponsorships are fulfilled appropriately and that all sponsors and corporate partners are appropriately recognized and stewarded
- Identify new creative opportunities to add value for partners and deepen corporate engagement, including employee engagement through volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate with the Communications team to develop collateral and support corporate partnerships through marketing recognition
- Work closely with all program and department managers to periodically assess needs for volunteer expertise and level of volunteer staffing
- Develop and maintain processes to conduct necessary background checks and record keeping for all corporate and other volunteers
- Write and maintain updated volunteer job descriptions and volunteer orientation materials
- Engage with existing volunteers and provide feedback and additional guidance as needed
- Serve as liaison between Big Thought, corporate relations, and other volunteers
- Infuse inclusion and equity both internally and externally
- Conduct meetings and prepare materials and proposals
- Be accountable to personal goals, strategies, and metrics, participating in ongoing and regular assessment of progress toward goals
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor for success of departmental goals and organization’s mission
General Job Duties and Expectations
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience building high-touch, long-term relationships with corporate and other funders as well as demonstrated success soliciting and securing support. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and analytical skills, be solution-oriented, have experience managing through change, be an individual of impeccable integrity and high ethical standards. The candidate will have experience in developing and implementing a corporate business strategy that supports the entire organization through financial support, volunteer opportunities and in-kind contributions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Three years’ experience focused on corporate giving and volunteer management
- Excellent organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Proficiency of donor CRMs
Big Thought jobs are hands on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees of Big Thought are expected, as required in their specific job functions, to participate in activities, meetings, and committees; to interact and work cooperatively in order to accomplish various goals; to represent one’s self and Big Thought in a positive, professional manner; and to safeguard sensitive or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
Employees are expected to maintain current working knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines necessary to answer work-related questions and to provide assistance in a timely and courteous manner. Employees are also expected to perform other duties as may be assigned by their supervisor and to contribute to the team efforts of the department and to assist the organization in achieving its strategic goals.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.