About The Role
Provide design-thinking methodologies and facilitation in support of deliverables for internal and external BTI Consulting Services clientele.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design, and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all hands-on deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
What the Role entails:
- Implement Human Centered Design (HCD) or similar methodology for internal and external client projects
- Conduct research, evaluation and analysis in support of design process deliverables
- Facilitate client and project team design sessions
- Present design process deliverables to internal and external clients
- Support other external and internal project deliverables
- Support ongoing BTI brand development through design-thinking
- Apply Diversity Competency Models within the context of design deliverables
- Infuse inclusion and equity both internally and externally
- Demonstrate and apply advanced customer service skills
- Demonstrate and apply influence and persuasion skill sets
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of Whole Systems Thinking
- Demonstrate and apply a high degree of EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Human Centered Design certification a plus
- Highly developed research, evaluation and analytical skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations and formal/informal education environments
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.