About The Role
Support leadership in the administration of Big Thoughts protocol and procedures, engaging in multiple phases of operational strategies.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design, and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all hands-on deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a multitasker and astute in customer service, well organized and pays high attention to even the smallest detail. An innovative problem solver with an aptitude for technology, this candidate has excellent communication and writing skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment with new challenges daily.
What the Role entails:
- Maintain editorial updates and dissemination of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assess necessary Child Care licensing and exemptions for Big Thought programmatic activities
- Meticulous detail of all functions of processing contractor agreements
- Build out and maintain profiles of program providers, partner organization, service resources and volunteers in Salesforce system, including but not limited to compliance, insurance, security and other clearing house requirements
- Create and maintain procedures and processing of collection of multiple forms of data, via applications, rubrics, etc.
- Operations liaison to internal and external clients
- Relationship building and effective communicator (written and verbal) with all levels of stakeholders
- Willingness to travel to various Big Thought locations in DFW area
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Proficient in standard business equipment and computer software programs
- Working knowledge of public education system
- Design thinking preferred
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands-on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at a computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in an environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions, and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS OF THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission-driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.