About The Role
This position will assist in developing and delivering content for Dallas City of Learning and engage Partners in best practice and effective use of that platform. This position will also be responsible for executing Partner and Client messaging via multiple digital platforms.
About Big Thought
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens, and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out-of-school time systems, summer learning, and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation, and imagination to everything we do. Our students and their families come first, and we use a collaborative, all-hands-on-deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong communication and analytical skills, be solution-oriented, and have experience managing through change. As a domain expert, the candidate will be skilled in decision-making and have the propensity to simplify, standardize and automate processes for the organization’s customer service base and staff.
What the Role entails:
- Lead and direct content strategy and development for the Dallas City of Learning (DCOL) platform
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to create and execute partner engagement, best practices, and trend analysis
- Research, write and edit content for web, social, and print materials
- Lead digital communications strategy for the DCOL and learning systems platforms
- Collaborate across the organization on community, partner, and communications needs
- Represent Partner input into the evolution of platform functionality
- Command of WordPress, graphic and video design tools, mass email production, and social media platforms
- Accomplished copywriter and copyeditor
- Advanced understanding of cause-related marketing and content
- Ability to manage small and large group virtual events
- Ability to simultaneously engage in multiple projects at various stages of completion and with various deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Ability to fluidly shift between strategy and execution
- Strong analytical skills; organized, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including the ability to organize material, communicate orally and in writing, and maintain audience rapport
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking/writing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree with commensurate experience required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in developing, planning and executing online content across a variety of media and methods
- Non-profit experience preferred
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees must abide by all laws, Big Thought policies and guidelines.