We promote imagination-based learning across the globe by sharing our expertise with educators, policy makers and civic leaders, both in public and private institutions.
We influence educational policy by participating in strategic planning conversations and speaking publicly about our methods for improving learning practices. From lectures to custom workshops, we participate in school district panels, community events and conferences locally, nationally and abroad.
Here are a few examples of how we are influencing learning around the globe:
Policy Advisory/International Consulting
- Korea Arts and Culture Education Services (KACES) in Seoul, S. Korea, a nationwide effort to transform education and address disengaged youth
- Creative Scotland in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Advised in the development of the national Cities of Learning movement
- Provided strategic planing services for the National Arts Education Partnership
- Led professional learning discussions for Creative Cities (Boston, Seattle, Dallas and Chicago)
- Participated as a member in strategic conversations of the White Riley Peterson Policy Fellowship Group at Furman University, South Carolina
Big Thought Leadership
As a force for educational reform, Big Thought President and CEO, Gigi Antoni, has been named to:
- The Harvard Graduate School of Education, Arts in Education Advisory Council
- The White House Champions of Change for Arts Education – an extraordinary group of luminaries, educators and organizations creating innovative programs across the country by the Obama Administration
In an effort to continuously provide quality instruction, Big Thought offers our educators and program partners with numerous professional development opportunities throughout the year.
The Big Thought Partners Institute is a professional development course provided for local Dallas-based nonprofit professionals. The Partners Institute uses a peer-to-peer training module to strengthen skills such as fundraising, board management, capacity building, program design and more. Applicants are accepted to the Institute during the spring of each year. For more information, please contact [email protected]