The Fellowship Initiative (TFI) helps young men of color (Fellows) acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, networks, and other resources they need to succeed academically and professionally through a year-long mentorship program. Open to high school students, students will participate in:
- Saturday Sessions – a full day of learning activities in JPMorgan Chase’s offices three Saturdays a month during the school year
- Learning Intensives – special sessions and projects during school breaks and during the summer to build key academic, professional and leadership skills
- College tours and visits
- Community service projects
- And more!
By participating in The Fellowship Initiative, students also have the opportunity to build a strong professional network with other young leaders in the program and professionals from multiple career sectors.
Eligibility requirements and desired characteristics for TFI Fellows:
- Male student of color, currently enrolled in the 9th grade in a public high school
- At least a C grade average, or a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A commitment to academic achievement
- Determination and perseverance in the face of challenges
- A strong interest in attending and graduating from a 4-year college/university
- Interest and a track record of leadership and public service
High school students are selected at the end of their freshman year. Programming begins in the summer and extends through senior year in high school. Support is also provided to the Fellows once they are in college.
Apply to be a TFI Fellow
Fill out the interest form below. Once we receive your form, we will ask you to come in for a half-day of interviews and activities, which includes:
- Family Interview
- Group Interview
- Essay Assignment