- Weekly Virtual Meetings
- Assist in developing invaluable life skills such as communication, teamwork, and time management
- College & Postsecondary Preparations
Create Champions Initiative
A one-to-one advisement initiative matching caring adults with high school students to guide their post-secondary journey.
Core Elements of Create Champions Initiative
- Support, guide and advise on wrap around resources
- Build and bolster relationships with Scholars and their parents/guardians throughout the transition from high school to college
Create Champions is currently accepting applications!
What’s New with Create Champions
Create Champions FAQ
Champions are expected to connect with their Scholar weekly through scheduled virtual interactions. All interactions will take place via our secure messaging tool, Palette. Through those sessions, Champions determine the kind of support that will be most useful for their specific Scholars, including college planning, general career advice, personal encouragement and more.
Create Champions play 4 key roles:
- Encourage high school students
- Help students navigate and prepare for post-secondary
- Guide and help students with post-secondary choice
- Help inspire and empower students to set career goals and life aspirations
Champions connect with their students virtually on a weekly basis using the secure Palette tool. Throughout the year Champions spend 1 to 2 hours each month assisting a student as they prepare for post-secondary. With just a few hours of your time, you can make a world of difference in their life.
The Create Champions Initiative is currently at 15 high schools within Dallas Independent School District and 1 within Desoto Independent School District. Those schools include:
David W. Carter HS
Emmett J. Conrad HS
Just F. Kimball HS
James Madison HS
North Dallas HS
L.G. Pinkston HS
Franklin D. Roosevelt HS
W.W. Samuell HS
South Oak Cliff HS
H. Grady Spruce HS
Thomas Jefferson HS
Desoto High School
A Create Champion should expect to spend roughly two hours per month communicating and connecting with their assigned student(s). We encourage each Champion-Scholar pair to build a relationship and communication flow that meets both of their schedules and interests.
We ask our Champions to make a commitment of at least 8-12 months in order to ensure that the student is able to fully benefit from the relationship. If a Champion must leave the relationship early, we request a one month notice.
No. Create Champions will not engage with their students in any business transactions, and communication will take place via our secure messaging tool, Palette.