Thriving Minds is an after school program for elementary and middle school aged learners.
Thriving Minds is a nationally recognized after school program that focuses on social and emotional learning, creative exploration and expression, and an inclusive learning environment, all tied to academic outcomes.
Thriving Minds After School is registering
for the 2022-23 school year!
Big Thought is excited to have been selected as the after school partner at the following Campuses:
- Casa View Elementary School
- Downtown Montessori at Ida B. Wells Academy
- George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary
- Harry C. Withers Elementary School
- Lakewood Elementary School
- Montessori Academy at Onesimo Hernandez
- Nathan Adams Elementary School
- Personalized Learning Academy at Highland Meadows
- Rosemont Lower Elementary School
- Rosemont Upper Elementary School
- Seagoville Elementary School
- Sudie L. Williams Talented and Gifted Academy
- William B. Travis Academy/Vanguard
Key programmatic elements include:
- Nourishment and Play
- Academic Foundations
- Creative Exploration
- Social and Emotional Learning
Impact of thriving minds
Program in Action
Thriving Minds works closely with campus administrators to make sure that youth are involved in designing agreements for how staff and students will treat one another. At Daniel Webster Elementary, they developed “The Wildcat Way”. Students share what that means with through song and dance…
Meet Mr. Kendall
Kendall Pidgeon is a dancer, a singer and a site coordinator at Nathan Evans after school program. Mr. Kendall has been with Big Thought since the summer of 2012 and loves the opportunity to impact students’ lives every day.
How To Support Thriving Minds:
We would love for you to support this important work. Donations can be made safely and securely online, and you can designate your gift specifically for this program.