Generation Liberation supports youth and families with tools and knowledge to gain financial empowerment.
Support families along their journey by becoming an Opportunity Coach
- Opportunity Coaches will work with youth and families to identify their financial goals. Through coaching, youth and families will be connected to financial empowerment resources such as financial discovery programs, community resources and explore creativity through various programs
- Through exposure, expansion and encouragement (introduction, growth and support), youth and families will be guided to possibilities through health, employment and educational pathways
Core elements of Generation Liberation
- Support Creators with tools and knowledge to gain financial empowerment
- Engage youth in creative industry and programming exploration
- Explore options for youth to build resources and create a pathway to earned income
- Connect youth and their families with resources to enhance their health, education and employment opportunities
Create a pathway to potential higher earned income
Big Thought’s AmeriCorps Opportunity Coaches will work with youth ages 13-18 living within the 75216, 75217 and 75231 zip codes to receive tools and support to reach their financial goals.
Looking to change your family’s future?
Program and Learning System wrap around services:
Youth create visual and performance art consisting of multi-media forms to advance social justice issues.
The Fellowship Initiative
This program is designed to help young men of color acquire the leadership skills, knowledge, experience and other resources they need to succeed.
Dallas City of Learning (DCoL)
A citywide initiative to ensure all students have access to high-quality summer learning programs.
Matches caring, knowledgeable guides with high school students to help them identify the best post-secondary school opportunities.
Community Action Team
Amplifying individual toolkits in preparation for higher education or workforce entry, this cohort of Big Thought program alums work to create change within the organization, their communities, and themselves.